My goal is to utilize technology and the power of the internet; to connect and share ideas that I believe will help improve the quality of life for other people.
January 2008 - Present
- Web Designer
June 2006 - January 2007
Education & courses
- Dreamweaver and WordPress: Core Concepts
Learned how to combine the utility of WordPress and the power of Dreamweaver to transition existing websites to the WordPress platform.
May 2010 (12h 7m)
- Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS: Essential Training
Learned fundamental CSS concepts while exploring the process of creating site-wide style sheets, from concept to deployment.
August 2009 (12h 7m)
- Dreamweaver CS4: Dynamic Development
Covered the installation of Apache, MySQL, and PHP for Mac OS X and Windows.
December 2008 (5h 25m)
- Dreamweaver CS4: Essential Training
Covered everything from site structure to the value of standards-compliant XHTML and CSS.
October 2008 (10h 15m)
- Dreamweaver CS4: Getting Started
How to generate standards-compliant XHTML and CSS, as well as rock-solid PHP, ColdFusion, ASP, and AJAX.
September 2008 (42m 13s)
- Fireworks CS4: Rapid Prototyping
Demonstrates scheduling and expected output for good prototyping, from wireframing to storyboarding to creating multi-page mockups for design feedback.
August 2009 (4h 17m)
- Photoshop CS4: Power Shortcuts
Filled with hundreds of useful tips to booth your productivity and creativity, including the top 20 tips all users should know.
June 2009 (6h 21m)
- Photoshop CS4: For the Web
How to optimize graphics and photographs so they download quickly in a web browser.
February 2009 (6h 53m)
- Photoshop CS4: One-on-One Fundamentals
Deke examines the essential capabilities of the application, from correcting color to retouching portraits.
December 2008 (14h 24m)
- Fireworks CS4: Essential Training
Jim Babbage demonstrates how to navigate and customize the workspace.
October 2008 (7h 18m)
- Photoshop CS4: Essential Training
Teaches a broad spectrum of core skills that are common to many creative fields.
October 2008 (7h 55m)
- Fireworks CS4: New Features
Jim Babbage guides users through the most important changes in Adobe's Fireworks CS4.
September 2008 (57m 20s)
- Photoshop CS4: New Features
Deke McClelland covers the latest developments in Adobe's powerhouse image editor, Photoshop CS4.
September 2008 (1h 38m)
- Fireworks CS4: Getting Started
How to customize the interface and use layout tools like Smart Guides and the 9-Slice Scaling tool.
September 2008 (55m 53s)
- Photoshop CS4: Getting Started
Deke McClelland introduces the new features in CS4 while emphasizing core concepts.
September 2008 (2h 4m)
- Premiere Pro CS4: Beyond the Basics
Explains how to take video editing from simple nuts and bolts to an art form, by harnessing the power of this professional video-editing application.
December 2009 (5h 38m)
- Encore CS4: Essential Training
Teaches how to import and organize assets; assemble them into a timeline; and provide navigation via menus, buttons, and links.
October 2008 (6h 18m)
- Premiere Pro CS4: Essential Training
Provides a step-by-step, hands-on demonstration of a typical video editing workflow, from import to export.
October 2008 (3h 16m)
- Premiere Pro CS4: New Features
How to streamline assets with metadata, integrate projects with other Adobe applications, and create new sequence and project settings.
October 2008 (32m 29s)
- Encore CS4: Getting Started
Demonstrates how to add asset links to a new project and turn a layered image into a functional menu editable in Photoshop.
September 2008 (22m 29s)
- Premiere Pro CS4: Getting Started
Demonstrates how to capture and organize video footage, create and add to a sequence, and perform basic editing and trimming tasks.
September 2008 (1h 1m)
- Amherst Central High School
Advanced Regents Diploma
experience & Technical Skills
Domain Name Branding
Domain names are often seen in analogy to real estate in that domain names are foundations on which a website (like a house or commercial building) can be built and the highest "quality" domain names, like sought-after real estate, tend to carry significant value, usually due to their online brand-building potential, use in advertising, search engine optimization, and other criteria.
- Consulted with clients to establish an online identity with a strategic domain name that best represents their business brand, and maximizes their internet investment.
- Purchased and sold premium domain names.
- View: Domain Name Portfolio
Professional Website Design
Making a good first impression is everything. In today's economy, your web presence can be the first thing a potential customer sees. A Professionally designed website means that it is built from the ground up and meets the requirements of the latest internet standards and protocol.
While it is possible to save money using pre-made templates, a serious business is almost always better off with a look that is both unique and tailored to the requirements of your business. Your website is the first impression many will have of your business, and it’s one of the ways you will be critiqued.
- Developed professional websites, custom tailored to the clients business needs and requirements of the latest internet standards and protocol.
- View: Website Design Portfolio
Website Registration & Hosting
Website Hosting is the process of storing website pages on a computer (a Web server) and making them available to the world via the Internet. Some of the more popular extensions include: ".com", ".net", ".org", ".info", ".biz" and many others.
- Setup hosting for static and dynamic websites that require database support and application development platforms (e.g. PHP, Java, Ruby on Rails, ColdFusion, and ASP.NET).
Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) or search engine positioning is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages, through the use of search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and contextual marketing.
- Developed successful search engine marketing campaigns that connected businesses with customers searching for their products or services online.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites. Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service. Additionally, it serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns.
- Setup, designed and branded businesses on popular social networking websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Created Facebook advertisement campaigns for business fan pages.
Social Network Plugin Integration
Social network plugins allows users to bookmark and share website content with other internet users and popular social networking websites at the click of a button! This helps businesses virally spread content, and drive social traffic through social media websites.
- Integrated social network plugins on websites using popular social media platforms like: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Video Production & Editing
With the magnitude of camera phones and affordable video cameras, many videos are being shot by amateurs on these devices. The availability of inexpensive video editing and publishing tools allows video shot on mobile phones to be edited and distributed virally, by email or website, and between phones by Bluetooth or MMS.
- Produced and edited professionally branded videos that targeted customers searching for relevant content on YouTube and popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- View: Video Production Portfolio
Custom PayPal Shopping Cart
PayPal is a global e-commerce business that allows payments and money transfers to be made through electronic invoices, websites, and custom designed shopping carts.
If you are a small business with less than 50 products or are selling products online or the firest time, a custom designed PayPal shopping cart is your best option. Since PayPal handles all payment information, you don't have to worry about meeting compliance standards or storing your customers' sensitive financial information.
- Developed online shopping carts that utilized PayPal checkout.
Website monetization is the process of converting web traffic into revenue. This is a form of targeted advertising for advertisements appearing on websites or other media, such as content displayed in mobile browsers. Whenever an advertisement is clicked, the publisher of the website is paid a percentage of the commision.
To protect the privacy of the individuals, all references are available upon request.
Complete our contact form for more information.